Thursday, April 14, 2011

Plug Me In. Hook Me Up.

I hear you whispering. I know what you're saying.  Did she even go to Turkey? ... or maybe She must have gotten herself into a snafu and ended up being detained at the airport for the last week... or better yet ...Monica probably pulled a stupid stunt and is now sitting in a Turkish prison for the long haul.

Well, rest easy. The answer isn't as fun as any of those.

Food poisoning, virus, fungus, bacteria, amoebas and parasites. Not sure which one it was, but I was attacked. I will save you from the details of my intestinal tract for the last 8 days, but let me reassure you. It hasn't been pretty. And it definitely does not smell of roses.

Here is a picture of the IV I was hooked up to in the Emergency Room (I needed 3 bags!). Luckily, I am on the mend. Not my usual sunshiny self, but so much better.

Hopefully, now the rumors can stop.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I am so sorry this happened to you! It must have been quite a bug. I hope you continue to get better! xoxo

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! How horrible!! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. What a mess.