Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gobble, Gobble

After the current events in Egypt, we decided to cancel our trip (we got a full refund less $100, not bad for 6 airline tickets!) and try somewhere new. We struggled with where to go...we wanted somewhere warm, not too far from Tbilisi, and not overly expensive. I felt strongly about wanting to go somewhere we have never been and somewhere we probably will never go once we return to the states.  So Turkey it is. 

We will be going to Istanbul and Antalya.  It is not going to be warm enough to sunbathe on the beach, but it will be warm enough to enjoy being outdoors.  We are going with Emet's parents (who just arrived from Michigan last night!). 

I am excited about going to the spice bazaar in Istanbul, sitting on the beaches near the Mediterranean Sea (maybe wearing a sweatshirt), and just chillin' with family.  I am not, however, excited about leaving for the airport at 4 a.m.

Hopefully, I will have some good stories when I return.

Please note the fancy arrows I inserted
so you could easily find where we are going.
Can you see us?


2 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. And I totally support the decision to not go to Egypt. Thanks for not giving me more excuses to worry in the middle of the night! Have fun!

Kim said...

HAVE FUNN!!!