Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Life in a Nutshell

Today was a typical day in my life. It was the first day of T-ball for AL. I had gotten them each a pair of baseball pants at my last consignment sale, and had gone out yesterday to buy them baseball gloves. After one of my parents at school gave me the lesson on how to buy a baseball glove (which I had no idea!), I headed to the store. I stood in the aisle forever. There were so many of them! Some of them were SO expensive! Would they even like baseball? Finally, I picked out two that I thought would fit. I had no idea there were so many sizes.

Of course they did not fit. So this morning we had to the go the store once again to try and find gloves that worked. However, leaving the house was not so easy. A only wanted to watch TV and L's shirt was "too crunchy" and his socks "tickeled" (which means massive melt down). We finally got out of the house (with L wearing the same shirt and socks, by the way) and rushed to the store. We tried on various gloves, all of which were "uncomfortable" and I paid way too much money for each one. We had 10 minutes to get to a place that was 18 minutes away. Oh well.

We pulled up to the school and I parked near the baseball field. There was one other mom there with her little girl. No one else. So we chatted and our kids ran around the bases, but it was so disappointing. After 20 minutes or so, we headed over to the playground. A gentleman saw our gloves and asked us if we are here for t-ball....if so, it is in the gym.

Now I ask you--who in their right mind plays t-ball in a gym? It is a beautiful day and they want to be in the gym? By the time we get there, we have about 6 minutes left in class. AL didn't get to bat this time, but they fielded. Well, I should say they tried to field. No matter where the ball was hit, they ran towards it. As L got closer to the ball, he would dive for it. If he was alone this might be perceived as athletic. However, the five other 4 year olds did not anticipate that he would be diving each time he came within 10 feet of the ball, so they usually tripped over him. It usually ended in a big pile of kids.

By the last few minutes of class, both AL wised up. Since they would be on the floor once the ball was hit anyway, why not get closer to start. Really, it is much less work!




No comments: