Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Nice People All Around...

I have learned SO many things in the past two weeks. One notion I will carry back with me is that Georgians are REALLY NICE people. Plainly put, but true. They go out of their way to help carry your luggage, come to your rescue when in dire need of plastic forks, and help you practice a Georgian last name numerous times prior to an interview!

The most amazing thing to me is this....they love all kids, not just the ones they know. Complete strangers stare at AL. They reach over and tousle their hair. At first, we all pulled back in shock, but now we realize that kids are held in high regard (especially boys!). Today, we were walking through a bodega and a man reached over and tousled Lucas' hair and then grinned at Aidan. I think my kids will be spoiled when we return to the states!

Since we have been here we have hosted a party for all of the people that work with Emet, had an all day brunch with 2 American families that have lived in Tbilisi for many years, and spent a great deal of time with Misha, Emet's driver from work. Leaving here tomorrow, I am excited to return in July!



These are all of the people from Emet's work (plus their kids and AL).

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I am so glad you have enjoyed your trip and are excited to return in July. We will surely miss you all... but what an opportunity!

Nice pic of Emet, his staff and kids.

Nancy

Kim said...

Where are you in the picture? and everyone in Georgia is nice (except cab drivers!) Safe travels - see you tomorrow!

Sarah said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful trip (minus a few cabbie experiences)! We are excited to have you back in the states for a few months. Safe travels.