Thursday, March 25, 2010

As Promised....


I said I would get back to it and here I am. With only three hours of sleep, we wandered around the airport in Munich looking for a place to call home. We found a corner, unzipped our suitcases, unpacked all of our train tracks and superheroes...and they both announced they had to go to the bathroom! So we packed up all of our train tracks and superheroes and trekked in search of a bathroom. Aidan and Lucas were dragging. Their luggage made heavier by the fact that I did not plan my packing well. Sooooo, I had to stuff a "few" of my items in each of their bags so that I didn't have to pay the extra $150 baggage fee. But I digress. After finding the bathroom, I saw that some people had this neat little luggage cart. I was determined to find one! It was 6 am and our plane did not leave Munich until 4:20 that afternoon....we needed a luggage cart. I finally saw them! I glanced at Aidan and Lucas and they seemed fine, so I walked the 10 feet to grab one of the last two luggage carts. All so they would not have to pull their heavy luggage. I heard a few gasps and noticed people were no longer walking. I had only turned my back for a second (did I not learn anything from teaching in Brooklyn?). I whirled around only to see my two precious children in an ALL OUT BRAWL. Fists were swinging, they were on the floor, kicking, screaming. And people were just standing there. In awe? In disgust? For a quick second, I thought about waiting to see what these people were going to do. But I didn't. Sigh. I did the only thing a good parent would do. I ran over to them (with luggage cart in tow) and yelled some nonsense and pulled them apart. I proceeded to separate them and put them in "time out" right there in the middle of the airport. Yes, everyone then had to walk around them. Did I mention that although Aidan and Lucas had 3 hours of sleep, I didn't sleep at all? Not one wink.

**because I was not able to get a picture during the actual event (imagine that?!), I pulled another good parenting move and had Aidan and Lucas re-enact the moment in Emet's apartment.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hilarious! Not in the moment but as a blog story later of course.