Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Married a Man that Lived in a Mud Hut

I admit that lack of sleep can really interfere with your sensibility. However, there are a few things that I know I need to really be able to function in the world. They are: appliances that have English writing, sheets that fit our bed, a dishwasher, and a clothes dryer. Here are some pictures from Emet's apartment. I am not even going to discuss the towel issue. It wouldn't be right to put it on the web for all to read.


The sheets are not fitting length-wise, so there are two sheets that are covering the width of the bed. They barely overlap, which means in the middle of the night you are sleeping on bare mattress. Or in this case--weird, hard, multi-colored mattress pad. That blue and gold thing is not a blanket. It is a slab of something intended to make the mattress more comfortable.



I am still not sure if I am washing the clothes correctly. They smell ok though once they come out.



Here is how we have to dry the clothes. The apartment is not very big, but we are luckily able to fit these two huge drying racks. I know now why the washer can only fit one shirt and one pair of underwear at a time....so you have enough room to dry everything!




Please note: I was unable to post a picture of the dishwasher because THERE ISN'T ONE!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you're having a blast! Those drying racks remind me of our dorm room!

Denise said...

Good thing you didn't know him during the Peace Corps days!

Sarah said...

Love the title! And love the posts! (The airport tussle, in particular. Good times.) Glad you guys survived the journey. Have a blast and keep posting. We can't wait to hear more.

Tummy Temptations said...

OMG - how in world can you wash clothes? Those knobs are crazy!