Thursday, March 17, 2011

If you want it badly enough...

Remember the post when I told you there were no mailboxes in Tbilisi? For the longest time, I had no idea how people paid their bills (luckily our landlady takes care of ours for us).  

Well, here's the scoop. These blue and yellow contraptions are outside most buildings and around every corner. The touch screen asks you to select from many different companies, you type in your account number or street address, and then push your cash through the slot. Voila, your bills are paid!  


However, I do have to put minutes on my cell phone. And, once again, this glorious blue and yellow machine is where you do it.  Be prepared to be impressed with my skills....I learned how to add minutes to my cell phone using only this screen!  


What's it say, you ask? I have no idea! Yes, it is all in Georgian. I try to add enough minutes so that I rarely have to attempt this. I honestly don't remember from one time to the next which buttons to touch. Somehow I just get through it. I admit that I always hesitate before shoving my money in the slot. Maybe I am paying for an entirely different service?  

The good news is that, so far, I have managed to get it right each time. I have no idea how though.

2 comments:

Tom said...

WOW & Double WOW! Reminds me of buying rail tickets at the machines in Italia. That was tough enough and they had instructions in English. Then again you are so brilliant I wouldn't expect any sort of failure.

Lori said...

I am definitely impressed that you can use this machine! But not one bit surprised! You're a very resourceful person!