Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

So we are sitting in the Munich Airport waiting for our flight to Pisa. We left home at 2:00 am, hopped on a 4:00 am flight from Tbilisi to Munich, landed at 5:55 am (Munich time), and will depart at 10:40 am. I think I am really starting to get the hang of traveling with kids! Right now we are monopolizing a corner with all of our belongings spread out across the floor. All is good.

I can't believe it has only been a little over a week since we moved to Georgia! Here are a few things I have learned:
1. Always go to the bathroom before you leave the house. You never know if there will be a toilet or how strong the stench will be....so better to be safe than sorry (did I mention that Lucas pooped outside at the park the other day? I won't even go into it...)
2. If you go out to eat early enough, no one else is in the restaurant. Literally, no one.
3. When you move (or maybe even visit) a foreign country, it could take one's stomach a few days or even weeks to adjust.
4. The water can shut off at any given time for an undetermined amount of time. Please refer to number 3 and you can imagine how quickly this situation could turn into a nightmare.
5. In order to do well in a foreign country, you must be a good mathematician. Celsius/Farenheit, 24 hour clock/12 hour clock, Lari/Dollar... I am working on a little cheat sheet to carry around with me. I can't do that much thinking in one day.

Our plane is about to board, and I am excited to see my sister in law marry the man she loves this weekend. I will post more when I return to Tiflis (Tbilisi in European speak).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the cinque terre! I wish I were there too. Hugs to the boys!

Emily Estrada

Sarah said...

Have a wonderful weekend! Congratulations to the bride and groom. We wish them the very, very best!!

Tom said...

We are back in MI - had a safe and timely trip. Such a joy to be with you, Emet and AL in both Pisa and Corniglia (Cinque Terre). We already miss you all and eagerly anticipate visiting you in Tbilisi! :)Grandma,:)PaPa

Antonio said...

Wow Monica, I cannot tell you enough of how proud. I am of your decision to take the boys to Georgia to be with your hubby. You have had many successes in your life and have much to be proud about. This of course includes making the sanctity of your family first. I pray for happiness and many exciting adventures. I will look forward to checking in on your blog from time to time.