Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Peek Into My Chaos

Just in case you didn't get to see the mess that I called my house the last month before I left, here are a few shots....but really these don't do it justice.



Imagine having to split all of your belongings into 3 piles: storage, air shipment, and luggage to take on the plane. Sounds easy peasy, right? WRONG. The hardest part was determining what we would need right away in Georgia (air shipment is not scheduled to come until weeks after we arrived in Georgia), what we wouldn't need for a year and could be put in storage (we really don't need that stainless steel ice crusher, right?), and what we thought we could use while living overseas (no negotiating, the triple layer cupcake holder is coming). Throw in a wedding in Italy and a beach vacation before getting our air shipment and that all equals too many decisions for one person to make. But I made them. I have no idea what ended up in each pile, or which piles the movers actually put in storage or in the air, but looking back now....I am pretty sure we'll be OK no matter what pile we receive in a few weeks.

5 comments:

Kim said...

A little good Chaos never hurt anyone!!

M said...

:) I can only imagine all of the things you packed.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Yay! Updated blog! How are you holding up?
-Joanne

LisaP said...

Monica,
I am not a "follower" of your blog. Look forward to hearing all about your year in Georgia. I cannot believe you flew there with the kids by yourself!! You are amazing!! Hope to you see you when you return to the states and I'm on the east coast again. Miss you!!!
Lisa

Tom said...

If you think packing shipping and storing was interesting, just wait until you unpack everything in a new place! Been there, done that! You are a trooper.