Thursday, June 23, 2011

They say it is SO easy...but it's not. Believe Me.

I was once told that the term Turkish toilet is not politically correct.  So I tried squat toilet.  Nope, didn't work either.  I found out that eastern style toilet is the most appropriate way to say it.  Well, whether you call it Turkish, squat, or eastern, they are a lot of work and very messy.

It has been almost a year since I moved here. I love so many things about Georgia, but their non-western toilets don't rank high on my list (see original post about my toileting issues). I thought by now I would have built strong thigh muscles, been able to pee anywhere, and most importantly, not get soaked in the process. When I walk into a bathroom dry and come out with a wet pant leg, everyone can see through my cool demeanor.  Now that it is shorts season, it's just bad news all around.

In October, I was close to purchasing the Go-Girl because I couldn't stand the pressure of having to pee standing up/squatting. However, I would like to alter their motto a bit from: Because life's greatest adventure shouldn't be finding a bathroom. To: Because life's greatest adventure shouldn't be finding a bathroom where you can pee worry-free. Alas, I didn't order it because at the time I couldn't figure out how to get anything shipped here.

I have managed to mostly avoid the Turkish toilets, and my skill level has increased a bit. There was one time I came out dry. Yes, one time.

I guess I have to stick to showcasing my strengths. Sadly, peeing in a squat toilet is not one of them.

No comments: