Friday, October 22, 2010

A Castle with a View

A few weeks ago we went to Ananuri with some friends. In total, there were 8 kids (an 11 month old, six 5 year olds, and an 8 year old!) and 8 adults. Should I mention that we fit into two cars? Let's just say that legs and arms were intertwined by the time we got there. A bit awkward when I thought it was my leg I was scratching. Oops.



We climbed the castle and peeked in each and every room...even if there weren't any floors.


Amazing views seem to be the trend in Georgia.

Here is a view from inside the church.


After our tour of the grounds, we went down to the water and the kids (and the guys) enjoyed skimming (uh hum, throwing) rocks.


Lucas is pondering the big questions in life.


We left Ananuri and found a little place to eat lunch. As we all fell out of the cars, we saw a dog get hit by a speeding car. The awful noise the puppy made as it hobbled into the woods has not been forgotten. Anyway, I digress. This place was great because the kids could play in the fish pond and stay entertained while the adults chatted the afternoon away. They didn't even care that it was raining!

And the chickens roamed freely. I dare to ask...pets or lunch?

Here was the kitchen. At first, I was a bit worried...but I shouldn't have been. The food was delicious (except for the mushrooms. But they are never good. Anywhere.).

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How can your kids look so big?!? You've only been gone a few months. I probably won't recognize them by the time you all get back here. Sigh.